I would like to lock down user access (for customers) to reporting an issue and getting just the notification that it has been received and resolved, but NOT have them get log in access to the site. How do I do this?
@Patti Deschaine, so it sounds like you do not want the customer to have access to the portal. Can you elaborate on why, as that might help better provide input. Of course the customer does not have access to the JSD application, only the portal.
While you can’t “turn the portal off” AFAIK, you could do the following:
1) don’t share the portal URL and
2) hide all request types from the portal
While the customer could navigate to the portal there would be no way to open requests there.
Service Desk is built for this exact use case.
If you want to go the jira route, you will compartmentalize their access to a specific project and apply a custom permission scheme to the project.
Or... use Service Desk
I am using service desk, I just am trying to restrict users from logging in - I want only to have them report issues by email and get the auto response, but not log into the site.
Ah i'm sorry, i must have wandered into the service desk section of community without realizing it
When you say, don't share do you mean just don't give it out or that i can actually hide it.
We'd like our portal to be private, but we can't license all the user as there are too many. We are using an email address to create support tickets.
I meant do not share.
You mention “can’t license” - to be clear customers do not require a license. They are free in JSD. Only agents are licensed.
Right, but I have been told by the licensing team that the only way to make the site private would be to license those customer. thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your input. Patti
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.