I want to tag any item (bug, story, task etc) to a fix version. But I'm only able to do do it for bugs. I see the field but its inactive. Is there a setting I should enable?
My best guess is that "inactive" really means "on the view screen, I can not enter a value". This happens when the field is not on the "edit" screen so it cannot be edited. Check what you get when clicking "edit" to pull up all the editable fields.
Thanks. I checked in Edit screen but no luck. It's only allowing me to do it for bugs. But when I try a story it does not allow me to add a fix version.
What does "not allow me to add" mean? No field? Greyed field? You change it, but nothing takes?
I see the field but when I click on it it does not activate to give me the option to select a version. It's not greyed out just doesn't do anything. When I hover-over the same field within a bug I immediately get the pencil icon and the cursor changes indicating that I can click in that area
If you click "Edit" when viewing the issue and edit the issue can you add a fixversion?
I would try that first.
Agree with Nic that something might be breaking the javascript on the page.
Thanks. But that was the first thing I tried but it did not work.
can you post screenshots of your issue type screen scheme for Stories and of the edit screen that shows the field being greyed out?
Thanks every one. I'm able to add fix versions now. I had to add the 'Fix Version/s' field in the Default Issue Screen
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.