I'm following the instructions on
Ref:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/database-setup-for-mysql-128747.html
which says
2. Configure MySQL Server
"Note: If you intend to connect Confluence to an existing MySQL database server, we strongly recommend that you reconfigure this database server by running through the configuration steps in the MySQL installation wizard as described below.
"To configure MySQL Server:
Run the MySQL installation wizard:
If you are connecting Confluence to your existing MySQL server, choose Reconfigure Instance."
When I installed MySQL 8, folowing the links and instructions in Ref, it never gave me an opportunity to do all the choices required by Ref, and now I am stuck at this page, unable to succeed with Test connection, or even to know what to put in the several blanks:
http://localhost:8090/setup/setupdbtype-start.action
I tried various possibilities, but all fail with something like
SQLState - 28000
Error Code - 1698
java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'
I tried to learn how to re-start the MySQL installer, as recommended on several pages in the MySQL 8 Reference Manual, and nowhere do I find a specific command to do so. Likewise I see no opportunity to "choose Reconfigure Instance" as instructed in Ref.
MySQL is running, and the command /usr/bin/mysqlshow replies with
+---------------------------------+
| Databases |
+----------------------------------+
| information_schema |
| mysql |
| performance_schema |
| sys |
+----------------------------------+