Hi Elena,
Try using labels for the pages, that's the closest to hashtags we have in Confluence.
Yes, we know about it.
But hashtags can be more useful, because we can find information in all space, and do it in a text.
Maybe we can use plugins for it?
I think you've missed the point of Sana's answer. Labels in Confluence do pretty much what hashtags do in other software.
I second the request. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-29689
I've commented on main issue for my current use case. It anyway became a de facto standard.
I absolutely need that hashtag. I need the ability to add hashtags for all the references to products or features throughout the documents and have a single widget on a page retrieving all the mentions of the hashtag so I can easily track the information about the product or feature.
That is exactly the functionality that labels provide.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- you're wrong - labels are for the entire page. What @Dalia Vazquez and @Zlatin Zlatev wanted is to be able to put hashtags *in specific places in the text* and then look for them.
Labels: page resolution
hashtags: text resolution
I also want to have hashtags - this is very useful and similar to "tags" on onenote
No, that's not what hashtags are. If you want to put markers in text in the body, then use anchors.
There is no "search for hashtags" in a page. Labels on a page help people find the page when they are searching, the content of a page is searchable with ctrl-f in most browsers, and all the content is indexed for the page search automatically, so an inline "hashtag" would be of zero use anyway.
Question:
Good day everyone, please let me know if the functionality hashtag has been added to confluence. Several groups have raised their interest to have this functionality in previous years.
Thanks
No, there's been no change. Labels continue to provide the functionality.
So, shall it be possible to define Labels during the page write-up and not afterward?
Is that a better feature request?
I honestly do not see what it would help to "define labels during the page write-up" for the use case I have shared about 2 years ago. Namely I need to "label comments" so that they are easier to find (and a confluence article may have tons of comments, this is why I need this). Manually putting a link to the comments of interest in a separate confluence page feels like going back to sticky notes and paper notebooks.I start to believe that Atlassian actually does not care for user experience, because of this question and this jira https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-240
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.