I need to run python-jira inside a Docker Container based on Ubuntu 14.04/16.04.
The default python is 2.7, but the Docker container also has python 3.
I need to access python-jira from a python3 application.
I added python-pip to my file system, but there is no ubuntu python-jira package.
I tried doing "RUN pip install jira" inside the Dockerfile, but that fails since I am not superuser. I then tried RUN [ "sudo", "-A", "pip", "install", "jira" ] after installing an ask-pass app which generates the password, but the build fails.
If I create a container without python-jira, I can do:
Docker> sudo pip install jira
Right now, I have an ENTRYPOINT script, and I do the "sudo -A pip install jira" in that, which allows me to "import jira", but doing it this way, adds 15-20 seconds to the startup time of the container, which is undesirable.
Also, this installs python-jira for python-2.7, not python-3.
Is there any way to install python-jira for python3 without
changing standard python with "update-alternatives" ?
So Question:
How do I get python3-jira installed in my Dockerfile which defaults python to python2?