for example in the page of a JIRA installation https://jira.server/secure/project/WatcherFieldSettings.jspa Allow JIRA to add watchers independently This settings allows JIRA to add watchers using the watcher field without using a user account (null user). Useful when adding default watchers when creating issue via email. Warning: This ignores the "Manage Watcher" permissions. Allow users to be added as watchers regardless of Browse Issue permissions This settings allows users to be added as watchers from the custom field that do not have "Browse Issue" permissions. then, if I understand correctly, when I use the function to create a JIRA issue by emailing jira.server@myserver.com (for example) can handle as watchers even email addresses that have no corresponding user in JIRA?
This watchers field is from this plugin, correct? I haven't used it, maybe you could ask the author for support.
By default JIRA mail handlers will add users from CC as watchers only if they already exist in JIRA with email address matching the one from cc field. Check this out for more details: Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.