Hi Everyone,
can someone explain to me what the reason for the 2 possible incoming mail handler configurations found in the project settings and system settings respectively?
When I initially set up our instance I found that Organizations are only detected automatically for incoming issues if we use the mail handler under Project settings -> Email requests. So I went and configured that. The mail handler under System -> Incoming Mail is essentially empty.
Now I am trying to solve an issue with JIRA not stripping previous replies out of mails correctly and all solutions point to using the mail handler under system. The mail handler of the project settings provides way less settings to configure.
I don't really understand why there are 2 settings to configure essentially the same thing.
Can the system mail handler detect the organization membership of a user when a issue gets created now? If yes, then we'll just switch over to that.
Thanks in advance!
Julian