I am having issues copying a table from MS Word to Confluence. The formatting does not stay when I copy the table into the page editor but interestingly, it works when I copy it onto the template editor.
Anyone has any ideas on how I can solve this?
Have you tried importing the document as a new page?
Ahh, yes. That solved my problem! Thanks!
Yeah sometimes the import works wonders.
Feel free to mark this as an accepted answer if it resolved your issue.
When I import a Word document it looks just like the document I copied and pasted. The table in particular loses formatting. The big problem for me is that cell colors don't get imported. Frankly, I don't see an advantage of importing and displaying as a page over simply attaching a Word file.
What am I missing?
In 'edit' mode, insert a new table. Copy the table data from Word and paste in the top left cell of the inserted table. You may have to add additional columns for it to work fully. Mine only had 4 columns to begin with, so the standard table insert (which has only 4 columns) worked fine. Hope that helps.
Hi When I copy the table data from Word and inset into table (with the right numbers of cells) all the data are inserted into one cells . any idea what might be the issue?
thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.