I need to group "Assignee"s by department. Since the organization keeps changing I do not want this association to be a static but to be via a lookup table at the time of the reports. How can I create a display column that is a look up value from a table? In excel this is a simple vlookup() function with a table of Assignees and Departments.
Hi @Eric Tolliver, this may not be the answer you're looking for, but you can store this info as a user profile option.
Here's a Jira Cloud screenshot showing the creation of a new property in my own user account.
There's more on this feature here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/add-data-to-users-for-advanced-functions-jira-applications-only-744721649.html
Hope this helps or leads you to an even better solution!
Rachel WrightAuthor, Jira Strategy Admin Workbook
I like the Add User Property to generate the cross reference from user to department. However, this value does not seem to be available for filters or reports without creating an add-on. I prefer not creating my own add on for this. Are there add-on which make user property values available in Jira filters and reports?
The Jira toolkit add-on has a field that can expose user properties to non-admins. I'm not sure it solves your problem, but I think it's the closest you can get without writing something for yourself.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.