I would like to create some unit/integration/functional tests for my plugin. I've done unit tests for a plugin before, but the input and output I was testing was Java Core objects, not Atlassian JIRA objects. This time, I need to create tests for a plugin servlet with functions that take in HTTP requests, projects, versions, and users, while also making use of many "manager" classes. I want to know how I can create these sorts of tests.
I looked around for documentation, tutorials, and questions about this, but couldn't find anything that quite fits my requirements that I've outlined above.
I'm not sure how I would go about setting up the HTTP requests, projects, versions, and users programmatically without it being overly complex and time consuming. I wonder if there's something that Atlassian provides for this sort of thing. I've noticed some "mock" classes in the documentation - maybe that's what I need.
I'd love to get some help with finding documentation or tutorials on how to do this sort of testing for a JIRA plugin. Tips and recommendations are also welcome.