I need to write a groovy script in post function to create or update a jira issue using rest api
Please Help.
Try to use this: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/33129265
Ankita, is there a particular reason you want to use the rest api ?
Thanos, i have to use rest api only. Please suggest me. Vasiliy, i have already checked this link. The code is not working for me within post function. Would it be possible for you to provide me with a very basic code?
I think Thanos is questioning the requirement. You already have direct access to the JIRA that your post-function is running in and do not need to use REST to talk to it. My guess is that you are writing code that updates another remote JIRA?
yes right, I have access to JIRA but want to create issues within JIRA using REST API (REST APIs available for JIRA; https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/jira-rest-apis/jira-rest-api-tutorials/jira-rest-api-example-create-issue) within a post function with groovy script. Later i will use REST API of some other applications.
But why? When you're running a script, you have access to your JIRA. It's far faster, easier, flexible and more efficient to create them in the script.
Vasiliy, I am new to this code but on using it, I am unable to resolve HTTPContext. Even though I am using correct import statements, but it is not working for me
Ankita, The link Vasiliy posted is really informative. You said it doesn't work for you ? Do you get any errors in your logs ?
Thanos, the script worked fine but when used in post function, it did not create any issue . Rather, i got error as "groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Bad Request".
Can you please let me know if i need to do something else also, in order to create issues in this way?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.