Hi everyone,
I am new to Jira and Confluence. How ever, I got the task to bring Jira 6.3.4 to 7.9.
Right now there is a Standalone instance and the maintenance has ended long ago.
To get more familiar with Jira I already created a new standalone instance with 7.9.0 on a different server using a trial license (I am waiting for the new licence to "arrive").
Unfortunatelly I cannot import the exported XML, since the gap between the two versions is too large.
What would be the best approach to migrate the data and to finish the task?
- Update the existing 6.3.4 to 6.4.x (Possible without active maintenance?), then export the XML and import it to the new Instance.
- Renew the maintenance (after something like 3 years) and update in several steps to 7.9.0
- Install a 6.4.x Jira (Using trial) in between and export/import XML from 6.3.4 to 6.4 to 7.9.
- An other, much easier way I dont know? :-)