If yes could someone provide me the basic code.
Hi Shrikiant,
You can use the Jira REST API to insert data from a backend, however Jira does not have any native REST API calls that integrate both Splunk and Jira.
I recommend reviewing the following documentation: Jira REST API
It includes snippets on common REST API calls used to create data in Jira.
Additionally, here is the Splunk Cloud API documentation. I recommend reviewing this documentation to find out what data you are trying to fetch and so you can integrate with the Jira REST API.
Lastly, I was able to find a plugin that integrates Jira Service Desk and Splunk called Real-Time Splunk for Jira Service Desk. This plugin may provide what you are looking for.
Regards,
Javier A.
Just wondering, did you ever got this figured out? I also would like to query Splunk from Jira, and use the fetched data to auto-populate some fields. This functionality would be extremely useful.
Because scripted fields use groovy, I figured we can use the Java SDK to make this work, but I’m not sure if this is the best. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated!
fritz
Even I have the same requirement is it possible!!
Chethan
Hi @Shrikant Maheshwari Would an easier method be, not to use a GET i.e. to fetch the data from Splunk, but to send the data to Jira using Jira POST API?A simple use case.You want to automatically create an issue in Jira when certain information gets indexed in splunk e.g. a specific error message with stack traceTo provide a brief run through how to do this:
Firstly, create your scheduled job in splunk e.g. an alert or a report, that executes based on your desired conditions.
When you configure a scheduled job in Splunk, like an alert, you have the option to run a script from your splunk backend when it triggers.
You could set up the CreateIssue API within the script and have it parse the search results of your scheduled job. Note: You will need to have some experience with SPL to represent the search results efficiently and also some experience writing scripts.Regards,
Fergal
One last thing, I understand you have Splunk Cloud, so it may be a shared SAAS environment with limited permissions. In that case, you may not be able to setup and store your own script without first reaching out to Splunk support. Just a thought..
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.