Hi, we've got a ton of views that were created by users that are now inactive and I'm unable to find a way to delete the filters. Can anyone advise? Bob
Hi Bob
You'll need Admin privileges to do this. If you click on the magnifying glass on the left and then View all filters, this lists all filters in your instance. You can filter by Owner to that user. On the right hand side of each filter, there are three dots which will give access to a Delete option.
Hi, I believe I have admin privs, see below:https://cl.ly/3G051l2q0332but there is no "Delete" option, see below:
https://cl.ly/46092X3N402y
Perhaps I'm missing something.
Thanks Warren,
B
I have the same problem. I'm an admin, but I don't have a delete option for these filters.
Mark me as a third who has the same problem.
Also you cannot filter by owners that are inactive. You also cannot sort by owner.
See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/deleting-other-users-private-filters-and-subscriptions-296913389.html
The answer is, as it always is from Atlassian, you can do it but only if you spend another $1,000 on yet another plug-in...
And this is for basic functionality that should exist out of the box :-{
That doesn't seem to work for inactive users.
Check out: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Deleting-a-Dashboard-for-a-deleted-user/qaq-p/784916
Solution:
You must have Site Admin permissions to activate and deactivate users.
You have to "Log In as User" but you can't do that unless the person is active. You may want to make a note in your Governance to do this before you de-active the user.
Important: You have to delete the Boards first or you will not be able to delete any Filters being used by the Boards. Deleting Dashboards does not seem to matter.
Using this method, it appears that each board, filter and dashboard will have to be deleted individually. I do not see a bulk method for doing this.
What happens if a user was totally removed and is no longer on the site at all?
Exactly... admin should have the right to remove filters regardless of user affinity.
Ok I found it using jira cloud:
https://YOURCOMPANY.atlassian.net/secure/admin/filters/ViewSharedFilters.jspa
or
Log in as Admin -> Settings -> System -> scroll down, on the left side choose Shared Filters or Shared Dashboards
there I was able to delete filters and change ownership.
Work great for me.
Thanks
link to a feature request?
I believe there is a new solution to this. As an Administrator, you can now change the owner on Filters and Dashboards. And you can delete them as long as no one is using them.
There is a new solution to this problem.
You must be a site admin.
Change owner is useful if the filter owner has left the company and someone else still needs the filter for a Board etc.
You can also change ownership or delete Dashboards using the same steps but selecting Dashboards instead of Filters.
directions unclear - I've removed 100's of filters and now it's Friday and dealing with the repercussions
Just because a filter owner is no longer active, does not mean the filter is not in use. You will need to consider the Shared with, Editors and Popularity before you delete a filter.
As stated above, you may just need to change the owner to someone who is still active.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.