Hello - I hope I'm wrong.
We use the Incremental Rest API (pagination through ticket records, events, etc) ... to dump Jira data into our master corporate data warehouse and BI system.
I recently noticed that there is (seemingly) no way to capture that a ticket is deleted, or has been deleted. Is there a delete event or delete notification with an issue ID? Anything?
I know an alternative is to use the (deprecated) direct SQL database sync. Still, doing a full sync of the Jira SQL backend will always take longer than an incremental load. Also, the SQL database presents not only direct performance issues on the Jira instance, but also poses security issues because it's all-or-nothing access, unlike the incremental Rest API.
I suppose installing the Jira ticket Auditor app may aid in the future somehow --- still, anyone have a best practice for capturing these ticket deletions? Pretty sloppy of Jira not to include it.