When I try to put a confluence link in a Jira ticket and that content in confluence moves, the link doesn't update to the new location. Is there a work around for this?
Hi Sandy,
What version of the applications are you running? Links don't seem to break for me in Confluence Server 6.6.1 / JIRA Server 7.4.1.
Have you indexed the environments lately?
- Jon
Hi Jon, thank you for the information about indexing. I haven't done that in a while, so I will definitely try that! I'm running:
Should I upgrade Confluence?
Thanks again! Sandy
Try indexing first and let us know the results.
It didn't work.
I just moved a file from one page to another within Confluence, the link changed (as it should), but the link to that page I had added in Jira no longer works.
The issue is specifically for linking to files/attachments in Confluence, not linking to Confluence Pages in general. If I use the functionality to link to a Confluence Page and that page moves, it’s fine. But for a file, it seems like my only option is to use the general “Web Link” functionality. If a file is moved or its name is edited, the URL changes. I haven’t found a way to generate a permanent link.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.