I want to find the cost of all tickets in JIRA but for some reason I can't query both tasks and subtasks and when I try to use reports it doesn't filter in the subtasks. There appears to be no way to see total cost of an epic without clicking into each task and counting up each subtask. ARG. Anyone know if this is doable?
That capability is pretty limited in JIRA.
You could use the Epic burndown report and toggle the dropdown between epics.
Additionally you could export the epics to excel and manually calculate if it's not run often.
Thanks for your answer. I've learned how limited it is.
Costing subtasks doesn't count towards burndown. It's incredibly frustrating. It should bubble up to total cost of the master ticket but it's not how it works. Subtasks seem ideal and simple, but calculating manually is the only way and even then you have to click into each ticket and add it up and add it to the master ticket in order for it to work in burndown.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.