I've set up the email request feature.
I have entered a Custom Secure IMAP configuration for an email I have hosted with Zoho.
I know the Zoho part works because until now I've been using a similar option in Jetbrain's YouTrack software for a long time, but now I'm migrating to Jira Service Desk.
The test of the configuration does works and the log option shows Jira does checks the email, but it doesn't process any email, although I have the initial service validation test email and some test emails I've sent.
Looking into the server logs I see the following happening:
2018-04-19 02:54:40,147 Caesium-1-2 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.m.incoming.jepp.processor] Start running MailProcessor ...
2018-04-19 02:54:40,150 Caesium-1-2 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.m.incoming.jepp.processor] Found 1 valid mail channels for processing email(s)
2018-04-19 02:54:40,150 Caesium-1-2 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.m.incoming.jepp.processor] Starts processing mail item(s) for mail channel [CHANNEL573664491902] ...
2018-04-19 02:54:40,152 Caesium-1-2 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.mail.incoming.jepp] Looking up main handler ...
2018-04-19 02:54:40,156 Caesium-1-2 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.mail.incoming.jepp] Found main handler [com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.feature.emailchannel.emailplatform.handler.SDMailHandler]
2018-04-19 02:54:40,156 Caesium-1-2 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.mail.incoming.jepp] Looking up mail filters ...
2018-04-19 02:54:40,160 Caesium-1-2 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.mail.incoming.jepp] Found 4 mail filters com.atlassian.jira.mail.processor.api.handler.DeliveryStatusMailFilter, com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.feature.emailchannel.emailplatform.filter.SDSentFromJIRAFilter, com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.feature.emailchannel.emailplatform.filter.SDBulkFilter, com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.feature.emailchannel.emailplatform.filter.SDAutoReplyFilter
2018-04-19 02:54:40,174 Caesium-1-2 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.m.incoming.jepp.processor] Finished processing mail item(s) for mail channel [CHANNEL573664491902]
2018-04-19 02:54:40,174 Caesium-1-2 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.m.incoming.jepp.processor] Finish running MailProcessor ...
2018-04-19 02:54:40,183 Caesium-1-3 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.m.incoming.jepp.puller] Start running MailPuller ...
2018-04-19 02:54:40,185 Caesium-1-3 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.m.incoming.jepp.puller] Found 1 valid mail channels for pulling email(s)
2018-04-19 02:54:40,185 Caesium-1-3 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.m.incoming.jepp.puller] Starts pulling email(s) for mail channel [CHANNEL573664491902] ...
2018-04-19 02:54:40,691 Caesium-1-3 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.m.incoming.jepp.puller] Connection to Mail Server established successfully using cs@cocoapayments.com
2018-04-19 02:54:40,753 Caesium-1-3 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.m.incoming.jepp.puller] Folder opened for READ_WRITE access
2018-04-19 02:54:40,808 Caesium-1-3 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.m.incoming.jepp.puller] 0 messages received before [pullFromDate: 1524119502153] are filtered out successfully
2018-04-19 02:54:40,808 Caesium-1-3 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.m.incoming.jepp.puller] Found 0 messages for pulling ...
2018-04-19 02:54:40,808 Caesium-1-3 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.m.incoming.jepp.puller] Persisted 0 message(s) to database
2018-04-19 02:54:41,152 Caesium-1-3 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.m.incoming.jepp.puller] Finished pulling email(s) for mail channel [CHANNEL573664491902]
2018-04-19 02:54:41,154 Caesium-1-3 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.m.incoming.jepp.puller] Found 0 enabled but inactive mail channels to record suspended state
2018-04-19 02:54:41,154 Caesium-1-3 DEBUG ServiceRunner [c.a.m.incoming.jepp.puller] Finish running MailPuller ...
And as I said, there is the "[JIRA] Requests from cs@cocoapayments.com are now set up and ready to use" email in the inbox.
Also, in the email request feature I've set up to use the "Request support" type of ticket that has the expected configuration of required title and comment and everything else optional.
I've look for it online, but I see no solution or why this would not work for me.
Thanks,
Nestor