One of my users created a personal space however the key is a random numeric value instead the user's id? I have a mix of users that have personal spaces some have the key as their user id and some are numeric.
Thanks for the information!
Michela
I just discovered that special characters in a username will result in a numeric space ID. Do your users have email addresses as usernames perhaps?
Good point! Was my first guess thinking of the way page names with special characters get converted in the URL as well.
Brief testing:
When going to personal spaces, special characters cause the ID to occur. ~ is in your space key.
*Hoping other champions can verify my statement*
Regards.
I'll vouch for it. There might be other reasons, but you definitely get the unique numerical id for a user when a user name contains non-standard characters your setup cannot handle.
Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately the users that have space URLs with a numeric id do not have special characters in their name.
It does seem like the users that most recently created personal spaces have the numeric id. Do you think this was changed in one of latest JIRA cloud deployments?
It's entirely possible that Cloud has been changed to use numerics instead of login recently.
I think I found something in the weekly Atlassian Cloud blog post from Mar 12 to Mar 19
We've made a few changes to personal spaces to give you more control over your personal data. From now on:
Max, thanks this is just the confirmation I was looking for. I appreciate the research and response!
Have a great day!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.