1) Shortly, for summary and impatient reader - I need your advice what and how to learn under the hood of Jira and Confluence, in order to revamp my skills.
2) More clear explanation - As middle-aged loan-encumbered employed software engineer I found myself administering user accounts during all of the working hours. For years. Insensibly, I manage to sink myself down to lowest deposits of IT sector, and to shrivel all of my developer's skills and knowledge of contemporary technologies. Now, I'm working to redeem my life starting from the scratch, and one of the domains of my life, besides health and social, is professional. New education is too broad, and I don't know in what to invest, if I can pay for it. But my employer has this user-requests organized system, and IT tasks management system, based on Atlassian Jira and Confluence, and as an admin I have the privilege to access its testing environment. I would like to start there. Where should I look to learn how things works, how to change stuff, workflows, plugins, how to customize menus and its command lines, how to change some lines of code, where to experiment? If I don't attract attention of my boss with some modification, I would gain some knowledge on the way, at least. For my future opportunities. Thank you