The reports, when exporting to Excel keep the Days / Weeks. Which make it difficult to do some analysis and costing based on any of the time fields in Jira. I would like to standardize on the hours format.
In the Admin console, go to System -> Issue Features, and then select "Time Tracking" on the left. The full documentation can be found here: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Time+Tracking
Administration > Issue Features > Time Tracking > Time Format - Set this to Hours then all will be displayed as hours only
Perfect, thank you!
Spot on. Thanks.
New path
Jira settings > Issues > Time Tracking
Does not work. Still displays values in a variety of formats.
me for me in tempo
Sometimes it will display as decimal hours, sometimes it will display as hours and minutes within the same search. Totally inconsistent and complete garbage. Can't even use a calculator to add time up manually. And then if you export it to excel, it's all milliseconds.
Sometimes it displays as decimal hours and sometimes it displays as hours and minutes, within the same search. So one ticket shows an estimate of 16.25 hours, and another shows an estimate as 8h 35m. In what world is that even REMOTELY helpful? Complete garbage!
It is a bug, please vote report here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69369
It is a bug, please vote report here jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69369
Please fix this. How can we manage the work hours with it this way. Critical management tool for EVM or just knowing how your project tasks are doing.
Thanks
Sandra
I'm having a nightmare trying to set estimates to display as hours.
I repeatedly have done this:
It seemed to work... briefly, and I could see estimates in hours. Only, the next time I checked it was back to displaying in days, hours, etc. Then when I went back into the settings, the settings had "changed" themselves back to display in "pretty...", i changed again and went to a project to look at the times and they were still in weeks. The settings seem to change themselves back. Or even if they don't, the times are still displaying in weeks.
What gives?
Can anyone help?
I can't help, but we are having the same issue! We're on the cloud version. It looks like it does change estimates to hours on certain things (the Burndown Chart being one of them), but on actual issues it's still displaying in the "pretty" format.
I hope someone is working on a fix for this!
There is surely a bug in the settings display section. Before you click on the 'Edit Global Settings' button at (...Issue Features > Time Tracking), it displays the 'hours' settings as to how I changed it before.
But when I click to edit it, it displays the default settings (which is "pretty") as the settings there. Which ideally should be the settings which I have set up, but not the default settings.
Other than that, the above setting change seems to be working now.
These problems are killing my life.
After lots of digging, the following tickets are all related to this issue. Everyone please vote for them so they'll be fixed asap!
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72399
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69310?_ga=2.38065443.1090329246.1567411153-1178074484.1550631035
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-65033?_ga=2.176544677.1090329246.1567411153-1178074484.1550631035
If anyone is still struggling with this in Jira Cloud, try setting your HOURS PER DAY == 999 and DAYS PER WEEK == 999. This worked for us:
You don't need to change the Working Hours per day or Working days per week. Just change the Time display format. At least that worked for me...but the only place I'm interested in seeing hours only is on the Active Sprint board, so now I see all Remaining Estimates on the cards as hours only...which is exactly what I was hoping to see.
This works for me too. I changed it to 9999 on hours per week and working days per week and now time is displayed in hours instead of days... Thx Mike Walters
Mike,
You rock.
Kevin
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.