Hi there,
I would like to re-create this google form in the customer portal so end users can submit their information:
https://goo.gl/H61BVc
How would I do this? I do not find this system to be intuitive at all
Hi Matt,
As any system, Jira requires you to understand some basic concepts. Afterwards it is quite straight forward.
In order to do what you want you have to follow these steps :
Hope it helps
cheers
The only information I can find on custom fields is out of date and very unclear.
I'm afraid I'm going to need someone to walk me through this.
What is your support number?
I do not work for Atlasssian. I'm working with an Atlassian Partner but I'll be glad to help you out.
PS : Can't give my number in this forum.
Cheers
Custom fields have not really changed since Jira 2, although the interface has a bit. Most of what you are reading is still valid, but there is so much of it (and Jira's sheer power means it has to be complex), yes, it's daunting and often confusing.
Jira is an issue tracker, not a survey machine. It presents your users with information other than the fields it is asking for because a lot of it is useful to them.
For a simplified interface, similar to surveys, you will probably want to install Jira Service Desk, which presents customers with just the fields they might need to fill in.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.