Back Story:
We just recently switch from using Jira and Confluence OnDemand, to using the download versions.
When I imported the backups from the OnDemand instance into the download versions, the same set of users appeared in both the Confluence Internal Directory and Jira Internal Directory. This is not exactly what we want since we have a 50 user Confluence license and 25 user Jira License.
I have set up a Jira User Server and Confluence is using it, however, we need it to be second precedence to the Confluence Internal Directory so that when we add a Confluence user, they do not become Jira user, similarily when we create a new Jira user they will be able to access both Confluence and Jira.
What I set out to do was to delete the users that are in the Confluence Internal Directory who are already in the Jira User Server so that if a Jira/Confluence user changes their settings in Confluence, it will affect their Jira account and not the Confluence one, since we want the Confluence Internal Directory to be higher precedence.
Here's the problem:
I can't delete some of the users from the Confluence Internal Directory because they have authored pages, even though a user with the same name exists in the Jira User Server.
Disabling does not work because if I disable a user from the Confluence Directory, their account from Jira will not show up.
Is there some way that I could maybe manually delete these users from the Confluence Internal Directory while the User Directory precedence is still set to have the Jira Server as the default. Perhaps right from the database? Like if I were to delete them from dbo.cwd_user?