I have problem to create backup on Confluence. Problem is when I try create backup manually i have error and also scheduled backup says done but I cannot find in Backup folder on server.
The automatic backups should be in the backups folder in the Confluence Home directory. That directory is the the path defined in the installation folder in the file: confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties.
You didn't mention what error you are getting when you back up manually, but it is common for XML backups to use a lot of resources. Please see Production Backup Strategy for our recommended alternative.
com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException: Couldn't backup database data. at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.AbstractXmlExporter.backupEntities(AbstractXmlExporter.java:239) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.AbstractXmlExporter.backupEverything(AbstractXmlExporter.java:104) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.FileXmlExporter.backupEverything(FileXmlExporter.java:96)
And cannot add support zip file
Hi Igor,
The Community forum doesn't provide file sharing, that's why the support zip cannot be added.
The error you posted is similar to the one in this article Can't create XML backup due to backupEntities Couldn't backup database data. If you are running MySQL that may be your issue.
Thanks,
Ann
Hi Ann,
It seems that Confluence connected to HSQL database, not MySQL.
We started using H2 instead of HSQL several versions of Confluence ago. Please let me know what you are working on and what your current version of Confluence is.
For example, do you want to move to a supported external database via XML back-up so you can move the system to Production, or perhaps upgrade?
Yes, i want to move to a supported external database via XML back-up so I can move the system to Production.
Ver. of Conflunece is 5.6.1
I found this bug with a similar error, and it turned out to be an out of memory issue: Unable to backup Confluence installation (4.3) because of large stacktrace.
I also found a support request where a duplicate entry in the database was causing an error "Couldn't backup database data" during an XML export. To see if that is what we are running into please look in the atlassian-confluence.log* for an error such as:
Caused by: net.sf.hibernate.HibernateException: More than one row with the given identifier was found
* <confluence_home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log(note) The <confluence_home> directory is the path defined in the following file: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.