Hi,
We want to change the domain name of our Jira and Confluence (e.g. from https://xyz.net to https://abcd.net). What are the best practices for this?
We have Jira Server - JIRA Software 7.3.6 and Confluence Server- Confluence 6.7.2
Hi Ezaru,
I would say that the best practice is to have a reverse proxy installed (Apache or Nginx) so that this proxy will handle the FQDN. Moreover it is advisable to use SSL.
You can follow one of these tutorials, depending on your choice (Apache vs Nginx) :
hope it helps.
cheers
It depends on your whole configuration and infrastructure settings.
Are you using proxy server for both applications?
Thank you for your answer!
Thank you for your answer
Hi Amine,
I have checked my server.xml , apache configuration files and modified with new base url but still redirecting old link.
I am able to access jira with IP address and port number working correctly.
Can you please here for this issue.
Thanks
Rahul Ingle
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
What do you mean "redirecting old link"? What are you doing to get this, and what is it actually doing?
Hi Nick,
Recently my production Jira instance data restored on new vm (text box).
New vm hostname and IP address is different from production.
My production jira instance url like for -> mycompany.com
Now i want to changed my test box url -> "mycompany.com" to "company.com"
I hope you understood the problem statement.
Rahul.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.