I wanted to create a custom field to store the date when an issue/bug was closed. And I want to use this field in my reports.
Is there a way to populate a custom field with date value once a user close an issue or a bug?
With what date do you want to populate it? If you want to populate it with the current date then kindly read here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-I-set-a-custom-field-with-the-current-date-time-in-a-post/qaq-p/143415
If you want something other from the current date, you would need an add-on for it.
You can use JIRA Suite Utilities plugin (or anything else that offers similar functionality), add a "Update Issue Custom Field" post function at the transition to the closed status, configure it to set the current date into a Date custom field.
Hi Alexey,
Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by:
"Select the transition and open its Post Functions"
I went to edit the workflow and I can't see the post function or the button to add the post function.
Can you show me a screenshot?
This is a screenshot
Click "Add Post Function" on the right, then select "Update Issue Custom Field".
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.