I think I am nearly done but I am too afraid of runing something in the database
I want to migrate our Bitbucket Server Installation from one server to another. I set up the database on the new server, connected it using the migration wizard, so currently the bitbucket runs on the old server but uses a database on the new server.
I am stuck because I need to make sure that the existing data doesn´t get messed up when I start the new setup.
Using the "Migrating Bitbucket Server to another server" documentation I stopped the service, compressed the whole home directory into an archive, transferred it onto the new machine und extracted it there.
Am I right that I need to install "bitbucket server" and then set up the home directory ?
I am afraid that the new installation messes up some of the data in the database..
Thanks and regards