Please find the screenshot below:
This is too insecure to let anonymous user to access "Space settings", in which it makes more sense to me if this is only visible to login user.
Hi Fai Chan, The sidebar in Confluence Confluence has a limited set of configurable options and due to this you will not able to remove the "Space Settings" link. There's a way in Confluence Server though https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-hide-the-space-tools-menu-for-anonymous-users-in-confluence-816877024.html but since you are using the Cloud version this will not work for you. Though, you may want to take comfort in knowing the if you only set Anonymous to view they would not be able to perform any "administrative" function as they can only see the details of the Space.
Yes, I know public user won't be able to perform administrative function. But it simply does not make sense that I cannot control the level of details of what to allow public user to view.
Anyway, thanks for letting me know this is mission impossible at this moment.
Seriously? Why would this not be configurable in the Cloud version?! I don't want public users to have access to this. I am liking confluence and jira less and less the more I try to use it.
It is not joking, though it's a joke for me.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.