Hi all -- My company has an internal user guide on Confluence for users of our product that include many stakeholders. The guide information is written by the product owners.
Previously, they would write the information at the end of the release and update or create pages as needed, which was sub-optimal as it created a time crunch. Newest thinking is to go agile and have the information created within the guide during the sprints as the features are completed.
But the internal user guide is live, which means that the newest information is about features not yet released. In some cases, the changes are made to already existing pages.
I looked through the existing macros our company has (and they currently have a moratorium on 3rd party plugins) and was not able to see anything that the company currently has that would help.
Some thoughts I had on this was to:
- Copy the parent page and child pages to a different space for users and overwriting when the product was released. But I would have to do each page individually, which is not optimal. And I don't think Confluence allows overwriting of pages, so it would need to be delete and recopy...
- Export it to a PDF at the end of the release and send it to the interested stakeholder groups and let them post it to their groups. But we use the dropdown macro to make it easier to scan information, and using print would defeat the purpose. Also I have not used this feature of Confluence before, so I'm not sure how it would handle dropdowns. If anybody has, please let me know how well it works.
- Include a table at the end of the page that has a listing of the releases and what changed during each. That way, if a user notices a discrepancy, he/she can look at the bottom of the page and notice that the feature is part of future release.
Any further thoughts would be greatly appreciated.