I have a Linux Centos 7.4 (64bit) workstation, which I had installed the followings:
1. PostgreSQL 9.6.8 which was installed using "PostgreSQL-9.6.8-2-linux-x64.run"
2. Jira 7.8.0 which was installed using "atlassian-jira-software-7.8.0-x64.bin"
I tried to install Bitbucket 5.8.2 using "atlassian-jira-software-5.8.2-x64.bin"
Having this error message:
Unsupport Git version found [1.8.3.1], please upgrade Git to a support version before
installing Bitbucket.
I ran "git --version" shows git version 1.8.3.1
if I ran rpm -qa | grep git, it shows many lines of entries.
This Linux machine is configured to be in a closed area; it means no connection to outside world.
My questions are:
1. what is the compatible version of git I need to download and integrate with Bitbucket 5.8.2?
2. Does new git from question 1 impact the other Atlassian software like Jira, Confluence and Crucible that I need to aware of, what I mean is Does new git works with Jira 7.8.0; Confluence 6.7.1 and Crucible 4.5.3?
3. Since my Linux workstation had git version 1.8.3.1, what is the proper way to upgrade git 1.8.3.1 to the newer version?
Please advise.
David Ng