I want to upgrade my JIRA 6.1.3 local hosted server instance to the newest version. However, before proceeding with the upgrade, I need to solve an issue with administration of the instance. I had it set up, such that authentication happens through Crowd. The only account with admin rights currently enabled is authenticated by Crowd, i.e. I disabled the local admin account. After a necessary change in IP for the VM that runs JIRA and Crowd (run on same VM), all Crowd accounts can log in for normal use, including the Crowd admin account. However, when entering the admin sections of JIRA, at re-authentication for admin with the Crowd admin account, an error occurs, see partial dump below. This effectively leaves me locked out of JIRA admin to update license or anything else. How to resolve this deadlock?
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.convertOperationFailedException(CrowdServiceImpl.java:915)
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.authenticate(CrowdServiceImpl.java:80)
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.DelegatingCrowdService.authenticate(DelegatingCrowdService.java:35)
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.FilteredCrowdServiceImpl.authenticate(FilteredCrowdServiceImpl.java:51)
at com.atlassian.jira.security.login.LoginManagerImpl$InternalStaticDependencies.authenticate(LoginManagerImpl.java:417)
at com.atlassian.jira.security.login.LoginManagerImpl.authenticateWithoutElevatedCheck(LoginManagerImpl.java:213)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.WebSudoAuthenticate.doValidation(WebSudoAuthenticate.java:131)
at webwork.action.ActionSupport.validate(ActionSupport.java:391)
at webwork.action.ActionSupport.execute(ActionSupport.java:162)
at com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.execute(JiraActionSupport.java:87)
at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:39)
at webwork.interceptor.NestedInterceptorChain.proceed(NestedInterceptorChain.java:31)
at webwork.interceptor.ChainedInterceptor.intercept(ChainedInterceptor.java:16)
at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:35)
at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:225)
at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:154)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.dispatcher.JiraWebworkActionDispatcher.service(JiraWebworkActionDispatcher.java:152)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.steps.ChainedFilterStepRunner.doFilter(ChainedFilterStepRunner.java:87)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.XContentTypeOptionsNoSniffFilter.doFilter(XContentTypeOptionsNoSniffFilter.java:22)
[...]