To be in compliance with GDPR. will need to have Atlassian remove profiles in compliance since the platforms don't actually allow for removal of users. They can be marked inactive but not removed from the system so I have a few questions on how this can be managed.
Thank you,Scott
Deleting users causes problems with the data. JIRA is a relational database so when you see a user name in a field the field actually contains a pointer to the field in the database containing the user name. When you delete a user the pointer breaks and you get sql errors when viewing issues.
can you just alter the user profile: username/email /full name? I believe if the user hosted locally with JIRA you can do it.
I've never tried. We treat JIRA as a source of historical data so we want to know who performed actions even if they aren't still employed. Making the user inactive, which removes their ability to logon should be sufficient for security. Only JIRA administrators can change that
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.