Hi All,
I’ve been getting to grips with Jira, initially found it a little awkward but I think it’s all finally making sense :-)
I was hoping some of the community wouldn’t mind giving me your thoughts on creating an Asset Management project as:
• Part of the Jira Service Desk Solution
or
• A standalone project within Jira
What are the benefits of utilising an asset management project “within” the service desk as opposed to a “stand-alone” project?
Is there any underline reason you feel supports one as opposed to the other?
Has anyone built the asset management project as a “stand-alone” and then regretted it, if so could you point out why you felt this way, please?
Has anyone built the Asset Management project as part of the Jira Service desk and then regretted it, could you indicate why you felt this was a mistake, please?
I feel the 2 methods are very similar, but maybe by having this in the service desk environment, it would offer more functionality that I could be overlooking, especially as I’m new to Jira.
Really looking forward to your views on this and I appreciate all your comments.
James