I would like to essentially reset my customer service queue as it wasn't properly managed from the beginning so there is a bunch of really old items in there but don't want a message going out to my customers that we deleted/removed their issue. Is there some way I can do this?
disable notifications for Issues Closed, close them, reenable notifications. You can use bulk edit to close a bunch at one time. If you want to retain history of you doing this use an internal comment.
I agree with Jack 100% but also wanted to remind you that if you have any third-party apps that might send notifications, disable those as well.
I accidentally crashed our email server about two years ago bulk updating some issues with a new resolution. The customer notification was turned off, but we had another that was sending a separate email. That was fun...
@Meg Holbrook, good point I almost always uncheck the send email notifications when doing bulk updates. No one likes spam. :-)
Thanks for your quick replies and advice!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.