Hi,
I created a project for the team using the Agility template as we are new to Agile and wanted to keep it simple. The template seems to be fine for our needs except that I don't see a place holder for logging time on the tasks. Is there a way to add this field on the project or am I missing something?
Thanks,
Shashi
Hi Shashi,
Please find the following documentation page which explains how to log work on JIRA issues: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/logging-work-on-issues-861257349.htmlBasically, on the issue, you need to click More > Log Work and then you can log time on the ticket. Also, you need to make sure that Time tracking feature is enabled.I hope this helps.
Cheers,Marko Filipan
Marko,
Thanks for the response. That is true with regular project types, but my question is specific to the 'Agility Template'. I don't see a more link and placeholder for logging work for this type. Please find the attached screenshot of a sample issue.
Hi Shashi,This is not currently supported by Agility projects. We'll be looking at this in the near future as a feature request. Thanks for pointing this out.Just to get some context, what are you trying to achieve with logging time?Kind Regards,Rayen M.
We want to use the Agility template for a team who is completely new to agile and want to keep the tracking simple. The template looks great for such a team, but it is still important for us to track the time spent by the users on individual user stories and also the overall time on the project.
I feel like it is a basic feature for any team to use this template. Unless, there is a way to know how much time is spent on the user stories and the project itself!
So. What is the status of this request? Time tracking is absolutely vital and it does not look like an obvious choice to not support time tracking in agile projects. I understand that you have a new back-end, but when can we expect this important feature?
Without time tracking the next gen style is useless. I will have to migrate all epics and user stories to a new project, in the "old" format
+1 on Time Tracking
+1 as well
vote here
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17447
Time tracking does not seem to be on a short-term roadmap for Next-Gen projects as of today: https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/jira-software
So, it is worth to go and vote the corresponding request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17447
Also, third-party apps can still add time tracking to Next-Gen projects.
Clockwork Automated Timesheet provides standard features like Log Time, Edit/Delete worklog entry (respecting to permissions) in Next-Gen. It is a free app.
Hi Guys,
My team is about to pick this feature up, so hang in there it is on its way.
Regards,
Nathan
Am I dreaming, or did one of my issues just have time tracking on it for all of 5 minutes? I was super excited to be able to log work, then went in to another task and the capability had disappeared. Just checking if I'm having JIRA hallucinations or not?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.