Is there any way to chance the System Dashboard to only be shared with logged-in users?
Right now its set to shared with public, and the system dashboard is not listed under System > Shared Dashboard.
I am not aware about it, but would be strange, because it is a system dashboard, owned by the System and Shared with everyone.
Nevertheless, the shown information depends on the permissions the especific user has. So, because we use the Mode Private, one needs to log in to see any information.
I can see the system dashboard under Global Administration / System / User Interface
Going to:
https://<url>/jira/secure/ConfigurePortalPages!default.jspa?view=popular
Still lists the System Dashboard for anonymous users. We do not have any anonymous users and don't see a reason to make this action/page available to Public.
So what I did was modify the ConfigurePortalPages action in the JIRA-INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes directory:
<action name="user.ConfigurePortalPages" alias="ConfigurePortalPages" roles-required="use">
<action name=
"user.ConfigurePortalPages"
alias=
"ConfigurePortalPages"
roles-required=
"use"
>
In a secure configuration of Jira there shouldn't be any possibility of information disclosure.
Also, I know the modification of these Jira classes is not supported by Atlassian, but I see no other option.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I hope, there will be no negative side effect
We were just made aware of public access dashboards and views being a security risk:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/misconfigured-jira-servers-leak-info-on-users-and-projects/
How do we change the view? I do not see a way to change the public access view to any logged in user. Help?
Hi everyone!
There's a way to disable public access in Jira altogether. Please see the workaround in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-65521.
Cheers!
That workaround is for the Server instances. What about for those of us that use the Cloud instances?
Thank You! This helped
Still waiting on a response to the important question raised by Bryan_Beauchamp
What's the solution for cloud customers?
This seems like a gaping vulnerability that should be straightforward to fix.
Can someone please address this for cloud?
@Rod McWilliams the official answer from Atlassian is to leave the System Dashboard blank, consider that feature doesn't exist basically I asked them for JRACLOUD ticket but not sure anyone cares enough about this.
Thanks @Drew Cottrell
cheers
Rod
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69139
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.