I find Project Shortcuts very useful on our JIRA boards but would like a way to order the links in a logical order. Is there anyway to organize the links? I try dragging them up/down but this doesn't do anything.
It is not currently possible.
You can vote for this feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66193
Given the lack of movement in 3 years, I'm not sure Atlassian actually monitors the voted for items.
Or will ever implement any suggestions... :-(
See my comment on a similar question for a workaround: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/How-can-I-reorder-project-shortcuts/qaq-p/434241#M53820
---
Update: Ignore what I put above, I thought this question was asking about reordering pinned fields not project shortcuts.
This is an important feature for folks NEW to Jira. Allowing Jira Project Admins (Scrum Masters, Product Owners) to change order can be very helpful when introducing whole teams to Jira. Please accelerate this feature.
There is a way to get them to be in the order you want, but it is a little silly.
The shortcuts are ordered by "last updated", so what you need to do is click on each of the shortcuts one by one in the order you want them to display (top-down), and for each one, click "Update". This resets the "last updated" date and changes the sort order to your desired order.
You will have to repeat this any time you (or someone else) change one of the shortcuts or add a new one.
Silly not to have a real method of this, but this works - thanks @Mitch Talmadge
I'm so happy it has been helpful @Matt Wynne !!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.