Hi all,
Is there a way to stop reloading the left navigation panel each time a link is clicked? I think the content should load but why does the left navigation panel reloads? It is very distracting to the end user
Thanks
Any chance of getting an aswer pretty please?
An answer would be nice, because it is an annoying feature. I've never heard of a cure for it, though.
Happy to be corrected if there is!
Thanks Charles.
I am actualy surprised the default theme doesn't have an option to prevent it from being reloaded.
Anyway, my left navigation panel structure is fixed. Do you know how to hard code it pls? I am not a developer so building one from scratch sounds overkill at this point.
You need to be a space admin. Try this:
Thanks Kathleen. I have already unchecked the pagetree and added this code:
{pagetree:startDepth=2|searchBox=true}
Just to expand the tree nodes.
Still the left navigation panel also loads whenever I click on a link. Say the left panel has two topics X and Y. When I click on X the page content as well as the navigation panel loads. When I click Y again the navigation panel loads. This is not the ideal way to do it. The navigation panel should not keep refreshing itself. Only the content page should load.
I agree with Charles that by adding back the pagetree, you're just recreating the problem. But I respectfully disagree that you need to do programming if you're just after a simple table of contents on the left that displays all the time.
By "wiki markup" I meant "old-fashioned links", eg
[Home page|Latin text] [Contacts] [Design] [Development]
(I thought I ought to put my money where my big mouth is before spouting off nonsense. ). As you can see, it works perfectly for a very simple, fixed, one-layer structure. It does not work if you have nested (child) pages.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.