Hi,
I have added a few radio buttons via the HTML macro into a confluence page.
https://docs.atlassian.com/aui/7.8.0/docs/forms.html
The form itself works, but the state is not stored.
What have I missed?
Thanks in advance
Ruben
To save values stored in form elements on your page you need to persist them somehow.
A common approach would be some javascript to collect the inputs values and send them to a REST endpoint (java) where they can be stored in the database or in a file for example.
Thanks for feedback. Do you have another idea how I could accomplish my idea (without purchasing additional plugins)?
For the common approach, could you point me to a sample app to study a bit how this works?
You're welcome. Unfortunately there is no easy or free way to create forms in Confluence.
If you want to do this without using any plugin you'll need someone who understands at least the HTML and JavaScript basics.
I currently don't have an example but the steps you'd have to follow are straight forward:
This is basically all you need to persist form data in confluence. To make it user-friendly you can either build your own plugin or you'd have to use one of the existing plugins from the marketplace or contact a company to build something that follows your exact specifications.
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. :-)
Very appreciated.
I guess I will go for the marketplace approach if I am asked to add a full featured form ;-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.