I have a large repo (>2GB). And I use BFG to reduce the size as this page said. Then I can see the repo have ~500M on the local machine. But when I 'git push', it still complains that the repo is in read-only mode (over 2GB size limit). Is there any suggestion to handle this ? Thanks !
Hi Yuzhe! Reducing the repo on the local side is not enough, you need to reduce it first on the remote so it gets out of the "read-only" mode. To do so, you need to reset back as many commits as necessary as explained at Reduce repository size.
Let us know if you have any questions!
Ana
this doesn't help much.. I did as well exactly like in the instructions... my repo went back to 33MB and still... can't upload it to the bitbucket...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.