When I start up my development instance of JIRA 7.1.1 running against MySQL 5.7.16 I see 100 errors like the one below for various columns in various tables:
JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [o.o.c.entity.jdbc.DatabaseUtil] WARNING: Column "DESCRIPTION" of table "component" of entity "Component" is of type "MEDIUMTEXT(16777215)" in the database, but is defined as type "TEXT" in the entity definition.
Every error is for a column that has datatype mediumtext in the database and text in the entity defintion. Where can I find the entity definitions? The production instance has the same column datatypes but the log doesn't show these errors.
For context we restored the production database to dev, copied the jira and jira-home directories to the dev server and did some deprodification steps on config files and DB records. The application seems to be working just fine so far but I'd obviously prefer to find the root cause so we don't see these errors every time the app is restarted.