I am trying to compile my `README.md` locally with [grip](https://github.com/joeyespo/grip) and display it in bitbucket as html. Is it possible for bitbucket to read `README.html`?
Hi Marcel! The extension .html is not valid for a readme in Bitbucket. For a list of accepted extensions you can visit Readme content.
For the supported HTML tags you can include in your readme, I recommend you check Markdown demo.
Hope that helps!
Ana
Thanks for the reply. In this case, how would you suggest I display my readme? Right now, I am precompiling multiple `.md` files into one with pandoc and rendering it to html with grip. The problem with using `README.md` for the readme in bitbucket is that bitbucket's markdown renderer seems to ignore (meaning they show up in the output) html comments like this:
<!-- vim: spelllang=fr -->
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.