Hi everyone!
I just installed my self-hosted jira, following these instructions:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/installing-jira-applications-on-linux-938846841.html
It seems that it worked, I can start the setup through the web interface on port 8080 but when I want to connect my MySQL database I get the following error: "Could not find driver with class name: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" although I already downloaded it and put the mysql-connector-java-5.1.46-bin.jar into my jira installation folder: /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/lib. I read that it might help to restart jira but I don't have any bin folder which could contain start- or stop-scripts. Also the lib folder did not exist before I created it in order to copy the jar there. The only directories I have at my jira location are: caches data export import log plugins tmp
Did I do anything wrong?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Hi,If you have installed Jira with defaults installer parameters, the bin directory is in path
/opt/atlassian/jira/bin (also named installation path)
There you will find the scripts.
Normally, by defaults, Jira is also installed has a service so command below should work.
service jira stopservice jira start
Mysql drivers should be moved to /opt/atlassian/jira/lib
Folder /var/atlassian/application-data/jira is only containing Jira data.
Best regards,
Fabrice
Oh, I didn't know there were two different directories, thanks a lot, Fabrice!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.