I signed up to try out Jira and spent about half a day configuring a project to work for our use case. Once I was happy with it I invited users to our trial account. I did not like the email I had used for myself so I tried to change the email for my account but it kept giving me an error when I submitted the new email address. I then created a new user for myself using the email I wanted to use. I made my new account an admin. I then deactivated the first account that I had created. Unfortunately, that seemed to have deleted the project I had created with the first account! None of the users can see the project. I then reactivated the original account but that did not return the project for the other users. When I login with the original user, after reactivating it, it takes me to the initial setup!
Is there a way to recover all the work I had done? Is this the normal behavior of the application, to delete projects of a deactivated user? That just seems wrong because what are you supposed to do when a user leaves the company?
Thanks for any help,
Epiphany