Hello,
We are setting up Jira 6.2. I have read a lot about Groups, Roles, Projects and Permission Schemes.
- We have a bunch of users (not yet everybody)
- Each user is in a group (not yet everybody)
- Our Projects are the parts of the organisation (all set with a Project Lead in it)
I am testing how the permission schemes works, but I get stuck:
(https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA060/Configure+permissions)
1. Create a project role for a specific project, e.g. Test1: UserA on Project1 but not UserB. (In the future this will e a group of users)
2. Configure a new permission scheme: I copied the default and added the Project Role in step 1 to Browse Projects.
3. Associate the persmisson scheme to Project1.
4. Tested with the 2 users and Yes it worked!
BUT:
I did the whole thing again for Project2, but now with
Test2: UserB on Project2 but not UserA. (So, that's the opposite)
This because I'm gonna have 8 Projects and therefore(?) 8 Groups.
But now both users can't see any of the 2 projects.
And putting both the Project Roles at that Browse-option doens't seem to do the trick either
My questions:
1. How is this possible?
2. I understood that you don't need permission schemes for each project and you should get it worked fine with the default scheme and Global Permissions, but I don't understand how I should do it then. I just want the users in the Groups to see the Project the Group is assigned to.