Greetings,
Background: I am senior technical writer with a background in Instructional Design, an innate dislike of scrolling, and perchance for creating knowledge nuggets.
Challenge: I have find myself, as a new Confluence User, struggling with how best deal with content-heavy legacy pages. I would be very interested in how others have dealt with this challenge.
Case in point: A page that contains an ever-growing list of code blocks. The code macro was used, there is a TOC, but you could scroll forever. The page layout is in one block. I have been told that nesting code blocks into tables didn't really work.
If I was using OneNote or a regular publishing environment, even SharePoint, I could easily create a subpage, subfolder etc. But I aim struggling as I learn Confluence to find an efficient approach to my challenge.
I think, given my current level of Confluence knowledge, that my best option is to start by creating child pages based upon the current TOC. But I am challenged as to how to do this easily, even some of the sections contain a large number of code block macros.
Another aspect that will hopefully address the scrolling issue is to change the child page layout to a two or three column version style might be useful.
Would love to hear from folks who have this same challenge, and have hopefully prevailed.