Hi all,
I recently went through a migration of Bitbucket from one application server to another (using this guide https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/migrating-bitbucket-server-to-another-server-776640406.html). The underlying SQL server and the DB were unchanged, I simply changed the connection string on the new server to reference the existing DB. My Bitbucket version is 4.8.3.
After the services were started on the new server after the final data migration I was unable to log in with a user from the Jira directory - the error in atlassian-bitbucket.log was 'JIRA User Directory' is not functional during authentication'. I have seen that this appears to be a known issue and that logging in locally and resetting the Jira directory config does the trick. Which leads me on to my main problem: I wasn't able to log in with a local user. I tried running through the process to generate a recovery password but I ended up having issues with the BITBUCKET_HOME environment variables and was under time pressure to roll back.
What I wanted to know is how I confirm that my local users are configured correctly before re-trying a migration. The user in question has the sys admin and admin global permissions as per the kb, however I notice that it is defined as a 'Stash Internal Directory' user. My understanding is that Stash is legacy now so is there an issue there? My DB is also named 'Stash'. I would also like to understand my DB schema and if there are any areas to check user definitions and permissions within.
I am happy to answer any further questions, I don't want to keep typing endless background info! Thanks in advance.