Facing a problem while adding the jira users to the confluence.
i configured whitelists also but i can't able to connect to the cofluence
Your confluence cannot log into that Jira given that application name and password. Have you set them up identically on the Jira server?
Yeah nic I given application name and password also .while I'm connecting it showing like that error in configured white list but no use could please help me to sort out from this problem.
There's not a lot more I can tell you. The error you are getting means that the application name and password you are passing over are wrong, or that there's something blocking validation.
Have a look at the logs on both sides at the next time you try the connection.
What application name Nd password I have to give I can create by my own or any application name will their
Hi Kedar,
The two Confluence applications defined in the Jira User Server have different IP addresses. Please make sure to use the IP address that Jira will see the requests coming from. If there is a proxy between the two applications, make sure the proxy IP is also allowed by the application and is on the Jira whitelist.
For testing, please set up a simple application in Jira User Server called simply "Confluence" and with a very simple password, and make sure to use the right IP. Once we have proven it works we can refine the setup.
It sounds like you are already following this guide but in case you haven't seen it: Connecting Confluence to Jira applications for User Management has the details.
Thanks,
Ann
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.