What on earth does this even mean?
Oops, it seems that you need to place a table or a macro generating a table within the Table Filter macro.
Hi Audra
based on the message i would assume that you use the Table filter macro on your page - right?
If yes than you need to put either a table or an macro that creates an table as an output
within the surrounding table filter macro
so as pseudo code
<table filter macro> <table> .... </table></table filter macro>
BR
Kurt
Hey Audra, The table filter and charts plugin is designed to perform filtering/operations on Confluence tables. This error means that the macro is expecting a table to perform operations on and you haven't provided one for it. More information on how use it may be found here.
You can't edit the table filter macro fully until you put a table within it.
Insert the table filter macro on the page, click within the table filter macro and add a table, then edit the table filter macro's properties to define your filter choices.
If you have a working table + table filter macro on another page, edit that page and see how that one is set up.
you mean this thing?
The error you got above will display when you first add the macro on the page, this is OK. Follow these steps to finish the setup:
Yes, the picture you posted is a working table filter. Looks like you can filter on various columns. Follow the steps I posted above to create your own.
Here are some basic tutorial videos that might help you to start using Table Filter macro.
Its still not working. I'm trying to add pie charts, nothing is working and I keep getting the same error even though it appears I have the table macro installed. And when I click to create a pivot table, my whole spreadsheet disappears!
Thank you Andrey, seeing it in action is much more helpful. I was trying to find some myself.
You are welcome, Audra! Also there are some advanced examples.
And you can contact StiltSoft support in case you need confidential assistance.
Audra,
I got the same error and I think i found a solution.
Once you've created the table and copied it in the Advanced tables - Table Plus, click anywhere in your table and then click on the filter table data as shown in the image. That should resolve the issue.
Victor
Here are video tutorials that should help you.
"when I click to create a pivot table, my whole spreadsheet disappears!"
This just happened to me, and I got here looking for the bug report so I could upvote it. I'll continue looking, but I just want to say that when Confluence lets me instantly mess up a page that is being watched by potentially hundreds of people in my company, it makes me not want to use Confluence.
Hello Marcus,
Please, watch the first two gifs here.
Thanks. I watched them. The first confirmed the instant edit behavior, which I consider to be a bug. I submitted a bug report to Atlassian.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.