JIRA 7.8.2How does an issue collector create sequentially numbered issues? I have one embedded, but have no idea what it is doing, or how it creates issues in a project space.
Hi Kevin,
The issue collector creates issues just like a regular user or more specific using the defined default reporter you have set up in the issue collector or matched user account. There's nothing special about that process in general. Before answering further detailed question, you went through the documentation right? Using the issue collector. Does this answer your question or do you have additional ones?
Best, Max
I have, but I guess in reading the actual javascript that gets embedded, I just don't see the connection between triggering the Issue Collector form and the Project (& project key).I am sure that JIRA sorts it based on the project in which the Issue Collector is created. That then leads to another question: If a JIRA instance contains multiple projects -- all separated by groups & permission settings such that only users with authorization can access any given project; what happens if two different projects create an issue collector for their own projects? Where/how do the trigger buttons arrive at what location? Can there be more than 1 Issue Collector in a JIRA instance? I should probably start a new question here.
issue collectors are alway created on a per-project basis and have a unique ID you can see in the embeddable code (and read by hovering over the issue collector name)
So I don't see the problems you're asking about. Any button will always point at the right destination (e.g. issue collector in a project). Did I understand you correctly?
Yes Max,
After posting last, I dug deeper and found where/how to embed two on one page. I am thinking that I will not run into this problem, but if I have to make a second, I can. My biggest concern now is that with 42 different projects their admins might start creating their own issue collectors and expect to embed them all.
Thanks again!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.